Planning Board

The Planning Board was created in 1959. The members are appointed by the Board of Commissioners and are strictly an advisory board to the Board of Commissioners. There are nine members on the planning board. Of the nine members six must reside in the corporate limits and three must reside in the extraterritorial jurisdiction (ETJ). The members are appointed to three year terms.

The Planning Board attends all joint public hearings and makes recommendations on land use, special use permits, zoning and subdivision review issues. They are to ensure that the proposed activities are compatible with the Town’s Comprehensive Plan.

Current Board Members are:

  • Gene Blount
  • Laura Johnson
  • Darryl Jones-Chairman
  • Avon Privette
  • Larry Ray
  • Sam Hayes
  • Kenny Waldroup-Vice Chairman