Know What to Recycle
The Town of Zebulon is asking town residents to recycle all approved materials. The new cart will allow you to recycle a greater quantity of materials. The lid will prevent materials from littering the streets on windy days, getting messy when it rains, or attracting insects and rodents. We hope the rolling cart makes it easier to transport your recyclables to the curb. Increased recycling lowers the amount of solid waste taken to the landfill and, in turn, lowers the disposal cost.
What can you recycle?
- Newspapers with inserts
- Glass (clear, green and brown color)
- Aluminum, bi-metal, ferrous and steel cans
- HDPE (#1 milk, detergent and fabric softener bottles)
- PET type containers (#2 plastic soda bottles)
- Plastic Food containers (#3, 4 and 5)
- Corrugated cardboard
- Office papers
- Residential mixed paper (junk mail and catalogs)
- Paper board (cereal and food boxes)
- Magazines (all types)