News and Events
Sewer Easements Explained
City of Raleigh Public Utilities Department (CORPUD) recently sent a brochure in the utility bill which explains sewer easements and how they are utilized and serviced by CORPUD. To view the entire brochure, click here.
Request for Qualifications and Proposals Beaverdam Creek Greenway - Phase I
The Town of Zebulon is interested in securing engineering and landscape architecture design services for planning, design, engineering, and permitting to construct the first phase of the Beaverdam Creek Greenway corridor. To view the RFQ, click here. Qualifications and proposals will be accepted until 2:00 p.m. on December 16, 2016 at Zebulon Public Works, 450 E. Horton Street, Zebulon, NC 27597, Attn: Chris D. Ray, 919-269-5285.
N. Arendell Avenue Access and Operational Improvements Project
Town of Zebulon has hired Volkert, Inc. and Summit Design and Engineering Services to design the following operational improvements to the Arendell Avenue corridor:
- Dual left turns from southbound Pearces Road onto eastbound Arendell Avenue
- Signal modifications to allow more time for left-turning vehicles
- 400' of additional lane on the south side of Arendell Avenue
- Construction of median for safer access movements
- New sidewalks along Arendell Avenue
- Roadway improvements on Jones Street, Hendricks Drive, and a new service road behind Eddins Oil
The surveying has been completed by Summit and Volkert has completed development of 25% design drawings. We received NCDOT's response to the 25% plans on November 3, 2016. Current work on this project includes:
- Incorporation of 25% design comments from NCDOT
- Development of 65% design drawings
- Cost estimate for 65% design phase
- Signal analysis for traffic light at Hendricks Road
- Hydraulic analysis/storm water calculations
- Environmental documentation
- Geotechnical analysis
- Lighting submittal to Duke Energy
- Request for exemption to allow Volkert to complete Construction Administration and Construction Engineering Inspection (Received exemption on October 25, 2016)
- Request concurrence from NCDOT that Town of Zebulon's RFQ process met federal and State requirements (Received concurrence on November 17, 2016)
Public meetings will be held at the 65% and 100% design phases. The next public meeting is projected for mid-January 2017. If you have any questions regarding this project, please call Public Works at 919-269-5285 or Planning at 919-823-1810.
Town of Zebulon hired Volkert Engineering in November 2015 to conduct a street analysis of the Town's 19.39 miles of streets with an estimated value of $14 million. Volkert performed an in-depth evaluation of pavement management practices and made recommendations for improvement. The evaluation included a review of the pavement condition survey methodology, the strategy for selecting pavement treatments, and other noteworthy practices. The existing pavement condition is displayed on the map below.
Stormwater Volunteers Needed
Look for "Mr. Drip" and upcoming opportunities to protect our stormwater system. Zebulon Public Works is seeking citizen volunteers to participate in Stormwater Management activities. Anyone wishing to volunteer for a citizens stormwater group may contact Zebulon Public Works at 919-269-5285.
If you have any questions concerning a news item or event, please contact Zebulon Public Works at (919) 269-5285.