Parks & Recreation
Movie In The Park Returns June 3
Zebulon Community Park (Movie Starts at Sundown)
About Zebulon Parks & Recreation Department
The mission of the Zebulon Parks and Recreation Department is to provide a variety of enjoyable, attractive, accessible, and safe leisure opportunities which enhance the quality of life for the citizens of Zebulon and the surrounding communities. Our objectives are simple:
1) Develop and maintain facilities and open spaces for recreational purposes.
2) Provide leadership and organization for outdoor and indoor activities.
3) Encourage participation in parks and recreation programs.
4) Encourage and consider recommendations from citizens that will improve these services.
These parks and recreation services will enhance the quality of life in Zebulon by contributing to the mental and physical health of its citizens and to the social and economic well being of the community.
The Zebulon Park System consists of 6 parks:
1) Zebulon Community Park - largest park that we manage. Home to 2 baseball/softball fields, outdoor basketball courts, 18 hole disc golf course, multiple walking trails, tot lot playground area, picnic shelters (available for rent).
2) Whitley Park - beautiful park nestled in the trees. Home to 2 tennis courts, 2 tot lot playgrounds areas, a music pavillion, and a large picnic shelter (available for rent)
3) Gill Street Park - multi usage facility with both active and passive space. Home to an outdoor basketball court and tot lot playground.
4) Little River Park - watch the water fall carelessly over the damn. This park is predominately a passive park. There are a few picnic tables and this park is a great place to have a quite lunch on a sunny day.
5) Zebulon Elementary School Park - home of Zebulon baseball. This park consists of 2 baseball/softball fields, a multi usage field, an outdoor volleyball court, and a large picnic shelter (available for rent).
6) Wakelon Elementary School Park - large open space area. Home to 2 large soccer/multi usage fields and a large picnic shelter (available for rent).
In addition to the 6 outdoor parks listed above, the Zebulon Parks and Recreation Department is proud to call the Zebulon Community Center its indoor home. Formerly the Eric Davis National Guard Armory, the Community Center has undergone a complete renovation to create a soft and warm facility for our community to experience and enjoy recreational programs, exercise activities, arts and crafts, educational opportunities, and social gatherings. The Zebulon Community Center is located at 301 S. Arendell Avenue. The Center is open from 7:00am until 8:00pm Monday through Thursday, and 7:00am until 4:00pm on Fridays.
As you browse through our website, our staff trusts you will find something that interests you. If you do not, please let us know! We welcome suggestions and involvement from our citizens and participants.