Farm Fresh Market
Dates: Every Saturday from May 2 through August 29.
Pop-Up Markets on Wednesday, April 22 and September 23.
Hours: 9 AM to 1 PM
Location: Downtown Zebulon - located in the public parking lot, adjacent to Pizza Amore, at the intersection of West Vance Street and North Arendell Avenue.Until further notice, the Zebulon Farm Fresh Market has been moved to a location staff can easily monitor to provide a safe space for residents to shop for local products in a timely manner.
The Zebulon Farm Fresh Market operates every Saturday (9:00am – 1:00pm) from early May through late August. Featuring the freshest and best-tasting locally-grown produce, farm fresh meats, jellies and jams, homemade baked goods, honey, and so much more. Shop local and buy fresh!
The Town of Zebulon was awarded a grant from The John Rex Endowment to provide funding for three years to upstart a farmers market in Zebulon. In 2017, the Zebulon Town Council voted to appropriate funds to the Zebulon Farm Fresh Market in order to continue the mission started by the John Rex Endowment.
The mission of the Zebulon Farm Fresh Market (ZFFM) is to connect locally grown food and sourced products with community members, educate the community about the benefits of eating fresh and local, and to support our local grower and producer entrepreneurs. The Zebulon Farm Fresh Market provides the Town of Zebulon and surrounding areas with opportunities to purchase and learn about local foods and products while interacting with producers and each other in a welcoming atmosphere. The Zebulon Farm Fresh Market promotes regional agriculture, helping to preserve the tradition of small farms for the future. The Market strives to provide growers with effective opportunities to sell directly to customers by educating local consumers about farm products and the benefits of buying directly from local farmers. The Zebulon Farm Fresh Market supports the growth of local small businesses to improve the local economy, encourage better health through healthy eating, and build community connections.
The Zebulon Farm Fresh Market strives to provide low-income families in the area access to fresh, local produce. The Market has implemented programs to encourage access for those in need.
- EBT cards are accepted at the Market with a match of up to $25.
- Zebulon Farm Fresh Market has partnered with Farmer Foodshare and the Zebulon United Methodist Church to enable customers to donate fresh, local food to the Zebulon United Methodist Food Pantry.
The Zebulon Farm Fresh Market’s mission remains the same; to connect locally grown food and sourced products with community members, educate the community about the benefits of eating fresh and local, and to support our local grower and producer entrepreneurs. At this time, The Zebulon Farm Fresh Market will remain open in accordance with the usual schedule and is adding safety procedures and taking additional precautions to ensure the health and wellness of our community.
During the current Coronavirus outbreak shoppers can have confidence that, our vendors offer local foods of the highest quality, produced by the best methods, and handled with consumer safety in mind. Though we love that the Zebulon Farm Fresh Market has become a welcoming atmosphere encouraging community gathering, we ask that you now help us to provide a safe space for residents to shop with a purpose and gather groceries in a timely manner.
To keep our vendors and shoppers safe, here are some of the steps we are taking:
- The Zebulon Farm Fresh Market has been moved, until further notice, to Downtown Zebulon to a location staff can easily monitor to provide a safe space for residents to shop for local products in a timely manner.
- Zebulon Farm Fresh Market Staff and Vendors will be required to wear a Face Covering while working and interacting with customers at the market.
- Customers will be required to wear a Face Covering when attending the market and are within six (6) feet of another person, unless the customer states that an exception applies. Please see NC Executive Order No. 147 for more information.
- Customers are asked to practice social distancing while visiting the Market and maintain 6 feet from one another.
- The market layout will prioritize space between vendor tents to allow plenty of space while waiting in line.
- To further promote social distancing, we are asking only one customer or family unit at a booth.
- The market will provide hand-washing and sanitizing stations. Be sure to thoroughly wash your hands on a regular basis.
- Special events and activities have been postponed until further notice. This includes kid’s activities, live music, food trucks, cooking demonstrations and special events.
- Vendors will be wiping down surfaces with disinfectant frequently.
- Vendors will not be sampling items.
- Non-produce items will be pre-packaged.
- Allow your vendors to pick up and bag your purchases, please do not touch anything that you are not going to purchase.
- SNAP/EBT will continue to be accepted and the Market Match Program will continue to match EBT purchases up to $25.00. Please visit the Market Information Booth during the market for more information.
- Many of our vendors are offering contactless payment options.
- Many of our vendors are offering pre-ordering, curbside pickup, off-site pickup, and even home delivery.
- A new page to our website lists alternate options for purchasing from our vendors if you are unable to shop in person.
- Pre-order from vendors when possible, a parking area has been dedicated for pre-orders if you do not wish to leave your car.
- If you are experiencing symptoms such as fever or dry cough, stay home to take care of yourself and protect others if you are sick.
- If you are an at-risk population (older adults or immunocompromised individuals) we encourage you to minimize your exposure to people.
As the Zebulon Farm Fresh Market implements these new measures for your safety, we encourage you to continue shopping at our market. Farmers Markets are essential to the livelihood of small business owners. It is important that we continue to support them and buy local during this time.
Why You Should Continue To Shop Local:
Supporting Local Farmers: The agricultural industry is a staple in North Carolina’s economy. Local agricultural businesses and food producers work to provide a constant supply of food as well as raw materials for other industries. The COVID-19 pandemic has been hard for everyone, but it is especially difficult for small business owners like our farmers market vendors. Our vendors work hard to continuously deliver fresh and local products for consumers at every market. It is important that we continue to buy local and support local.
Supporting Essential Local Small Business Owners: Some small business owners have had the opportunity to remain open with altered practices. Unfortunately, these businesses are still being impacted significantly and are relying on support from our community to continue. Local restaurants such as those in downtown Zebulon have positioned themselves for takeout and delivery. Offering the market in downtown will increase exposure to those businesses. We look forward to partnering with these businesses to help support local businesses.
Supporting Non-essential Small Business Owners: As our local businesses are faced with challenging times, the market can create an opportunity to highlight non-essential local businesses and promote alternative purchasing opportunities. By relocating the market downtown, exposure to those businesses will increase. Looking forward to a time when restrictions are lifted, we hope this new exposure will be beneficial to our local businesses.
Benefits of Shopping at Farmers Markets:
Less People Handling Your Goods: The Zebulon Farm Fresh Market is a producers market, meaning that growers and value-added food vendors will only sell products that are grown, raised, produced, created, or crafted by the vendor themselves. This means that products from the ZFFM change hands less often than regular grocery store products.
- Products Travel Short Distances: And all of the ZFFM vendors produce their products within a 100 mile radius of Zebulon. This means that products from the ZFFM travel less distance than regular grocery store products.
- The Zebulon Farm Fresh Market Is An Open Air Market: The market is located outdoors in Downtown Zebulon. There is plenty of space for you to shop without coming in close contact with others.
- You Are Supporting Local Small Businesses: The COVID-19 pandemic has been hard for everyone, but it is especially difficult for small business owners like our farmers market vendors. Our vendors work hard to continuously deliver fresh and local products for consumers every Saturday. It is important that we continue to buy local and support local.
The Zebulon Farm Fresh Market will continually update our vendors and patrons as the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve. We hope that you all continue to stay safe and healthy!
Below is a list of vendors who will be in attendance for The Pop-Up Market on Wednesday, September 23.
Stop by the Pop-Up Market between 4 PM and 7 PM located in Downtown Zebulon - Public Parking Lot at the intersection of West Vance Street and North Arendell Avenue.
Lawrence and Perry BBQ Food Truck
- Products: Produce
Location: Benson, NC
- Media: Instagram
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org / (919) 986-8937
Washington Crab & Seafood Co.
Fragments That Remain
- Unique Creations
- Products: Handcrafted Art
- Media: Facebook
My Zen Acres
Still Well Candle Co.
Hoof Print Knits
- Products: Baked Goods, Jams, Jellies, Preserves
Location: Knightdale, NC
- Media: Facebook
- Contact Information: (919) 217-2368
Jak's Snax and Gear
Grace and Grain Wood Design
- Products: Handcrafted Wood Designs
Tryon Family Dentistry
Interested in becoming a vendor at the Farm Fresh Market? For more information, please go to
Below is a list of vendors who are offering alternate purchasing options during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Growers / Farm Products
HS Howell Farms
Oak Ridge Farm
Washington Crab & Seafood Co.
Jaks Snax & Gear
My Zen Acres
Simple Soap & Balm
Little River Naturals
Brandy's Soy Candles
919 Create and Design
- Products: Hand Crafted Wood Products
Online Sales: Message on Facebook Page
- Contact Information: (919) 322-9220
Pandora's Soap Works
Still Well Candle Co.
Fragments That Remain
Blueberries and Zucchini
Applications for the 2020 Season of the Zebulon Farm Fresh Market are now open! For more information, please contact the Market Manager at (919) 823-1817 or email email@example.com.
- 2020 Guidelines
- 2020 Vendor Application
- Vendors can now apply online! Go to https://zebulon.recdesk.com/Community/Home