Frequently Asked Questions

Questions we are often asked:

How can I become a member of the Zebulon Fire Department?

Check our our Employment Opportunities page for more information!

Can residents burn materials in Town?

Generally, no.  All yard debris, etc. should be moved to the curb for pick up by Public Works.  The only allowed burning is grilling/cooking and recreational fires.  Recreational fires must be contained completely within a noncombustible enclosure (such as a chimenea or concrete blocks with metal grate), be constantly attended, and be for recreational purposes only.  Any other burning is strictly prohibited.

Does the Zebulon Fire Department fill swimming pools?

No, we do not.  We recommend contacting professional water hauling companies for filling pools.

How can I get a copy of a fire incident report?

Fire incident reports may be obtained from the fire department.  You may pick up one in person or by contacting the station at 919-269-6487.

How do I get a burning permit?

Burning permits can be obtained to burn natural vegetation (trees, limbs, etc.) outside of the Town Limits through the NC Division of Forestry's web page or from a local burning permit agent (such as Zebulon Fire Department).  There is no cost for a burning permit.

Do you provide and/or install smoke alarms/detectors?

Depending on availability, the fire department provides free smoke alarms as needed.  We can assist with installation as needed.  Come or call the fire station for more info.

Does the Zebulon Fire Department get cats out of trees?

No, we do not.  We must remain ready to respond to emergencies at all times and our personnel lack the training and equipment to climb trees or to properly handle animals.  Too often, cats are in locations inaccessible by ladders.