Parks & Facilities
The Zebulon Parks and Recreation Department offers six public parks and a Community Center for recreation enthusiast in the Zebulon area.
Zebulon Community Park - 401 S. Arendell Ave.
The Zebulon Community Park is the largest park in Zebulon consisting of 47.5 acres full of two athletic fields, a walking trail, two outdoor basketball courts, a disc golf course, two playgrounds and a picnic shelter.
Zebulon Elementary School Park - 1002 Dogwood Dr.
The Zebulon Elementary School Park is tucked behind the Zebulon Library and Eastern Regional Center and is filled with two baseball fields, a soccer field, volleyball net, a picnic shelter and an open playfield.
Wakelon Elementary School Park - 8921 Pippin Rd.
Wakelon Elementary School Park located off of Pippin Road is ideal for anyone looking for an open space rental. This park consists of two multipurpose fields along with a picnic shelter.
Gill Street Park - 600 N. Privette St.
Gill Street Park is quaint park located between Privette and Gill Street that includes two playgrounds and an outdoor basketball court.
Whitley Park - 601 N. Wakefield St.
Whitley Park is a lovely shaded park fit for the more relaxing and picnic admirers. Whitley Park holds two playground areas, picnic shelter, and a tennis court.
Little River Park - 1800 W. Gannon Ave.
Little River Park is one of the oldest parks in Zebulon. Known for its natural flowing river, Little River Park is for all nature lovers who enjoy fishing, playing in the white sandy beaches or meditating to the gentle sounds of water rolling through.
Zebulon Community Center - 301 S. Arendell Ave.
What used to be the old Zebulon Armory, the Zebulon Community Center has transformed into a vibrant and fun-filled community building. The Zebulon Community Center is our most active facility with numerous programs and activities taking place throughout the day with an open gym area, two fitness rooms, two activity rooms, an art room, and a classroom that are available for rent for birthday parties, meetings or banquets.
General Park Rules
- Park opens at dawn and closes at dusk except for town approved programs and events.
- Group and extended use must be pre-approved by the parks and recreation department.
- Be kind and courteous to others.
- Use park amenities for their intended purpose.
- Use caution, play equipment surfaces may be hot.
- Adult supervision of children required.
- Selling or bartering of goods/services must be pre-approved by the parks and recreation department.
- Pets must be kept on a leash, pet waste disposed of properly, and pets kept off athletic fields.
- Pet waste stations are available on-site.
- Keep vehicles on roadways and park in designated parking areas.
- Use of tobacco and vaping products is limited to the designated parking areas.
The following are prohibited:
- Littering, dumping, or defacing/damaging park property including turf and plants
- Alcohol (unless permitted by the town)
- Glass containers
- Amplification of music (unless permitted by the town)
- Open fires
- Except as permitted by N.C.G.S. 14-415.11