Parks, Facilities & Rentals
The Zebulon Parks and Recreation Department offers six public parks and a Community Center for recreation enthusiast in the Zebulon area.
Zebulon Community Park - 401 S. Arendell Ave.
The Zebulon Community Park is the largest park in Zebulon consisting of 47.5 acres full of two athletic fields, a walking trail, two outdoor basketball courts, a disc golf course, two playgrounds and a picnic shelter.
Zebulon Elementary School Park - 1002 Dogwood Dr.
The Zebulon Elementary School Park is tucked behind the Zebulon Library and Eastern Regional Center and is filled with two baseball fields, a soccer field, volleyball net, a picnic shelter and an open playfield.
Wakelon Elementary School Park - 8921 Pippin Rd.
Wakelon Elementary School Park located off of Pippin Road is ideal for anyone looking for an open space rental. This park consists of two multipurpose fields along with a picnic shelter.
Gill Street Park - 600 N. Privette St.
Gill Street Park is quaint park located between Privette and Gill Street that includes two playgrounds and an outdoor basketball court.
Whitley Park - 601 N. Wakefield St.
Whitley Park is a lovely shaded park fit for the more relaxing and picnic admirers. Whitley Park holds two playground areas, picnic shelter, and a tennis court.
Little River Park - 1800 W. Gannon Ave.
Little River Park is one of the oldest parks in Zebulon. Known for its natural flowing river, Little River Park is for all nature lovers who enjoy fishing, playing in the white sandy beaches or meditating to the gentle sounds of water rolling through.
Zebulon Community Center - 301 S. Arendell Ave.
What used to be the old Zebulon Armory, the Zebulon Community Center has transformed into a vibrant and fun-filled community building. The Zebulon Community Center is our most active facility with numerous programs and activities taking place throughout the day with an open gym area, two fitness rooms, two activity rooms, an art room, and a classroom that are available for rent for birthday parties, meetings or banquets.
Beaverdam Creek Greenway
Beaverdam Creek Greenway connects Taryn Meadows to Weaver's Pond and is just under 1 mile. This project was 100% grant funded (John Rex Endowment, CAMPO, Wake County, and PARTF) and includes amenities along the route such as bike repair, fitness equipment, swings, and an overlook. Public access points can be found on Spiderlily Court, Ginger Lake Court, and at Pippin Road near the Hendricks Pond.
Zebulon Parks and Recreation offers a variety of options for rental opportunities. Picnic shelter rentals are perfect for small outdoor family gatherings such as family cookouts, birthday parties, or small family reunions. The Community Center can assist you with rentals from small business meetings through a large wedding reception or any other family or business function.
Please call (919) 823-1817 for more information. Please be aware that we require at least TWO WEEKS notice on all picnic shelter rentals and at least 30 DAYS notice for Community Center Rentals outside of normal business hours.
Picnic Shelter Rentals
Zebulon Parks and Recreations offers four different Picnic Shelter spaces. Zebulon Community Park Picnic Shelters includes (2) 20 ft. x 20ft. picnic shelters with (2) square picnic tables and one large 8 ft. picnic table under each shelter. Whitley Park Picnic Shelter includes one 18ft. x 31ft. shelter with (4) 8 ft. picnic tables. Zebulon Elementary School Picnic Shelter offers one 30ft. x 30ft. picnic shelter with (6) 8ft. picnic tables. Wakelon Elementary School Picnic Shelter offers one 30ft x 35ft picnic shelter with (6) 8ft. picnic tables. Our Picnic Shelters can be reserved in two different 3 - hour time blocks, 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM or 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM or can be reserved from 10 AM - 5 PM. All picnic shelter rentals include access to the public restroom located near the shelter.
(Half Day time block - 10 AM - 1 PM or 2 PM - 5 PM) - $30 Residents $60 Non-Residents
(Full Day time block - 10 AM - 5 PM) - $60 Residents $120 Non-Residents
Click here to check availability or reserve a Picnic Shelter. https://zebulon.recdesk.com/Community/Facility
Community Center Rentals
The Community Center is the perfect place for your family or business needs. From business meetings, baby showers, to large events such as family reunions, birthday parties, and wedding receptions, the Community Center has a space that will be just right for you. Simply download and fill out the Facility Rental Application and return it to the Community Center or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org to get a quote. Please be aware that we require 30 days notice for rentals that take place outside of normal operating hours. A two - weeks notice is required for rentals that take place during normal operating hours.
Athletic Field Rental
The Zebulon Parks and Recreation Department has six athletic fields available. Each can be used for practices, camps, special events, games, tournaments, and so much more. There are two open field spaces at Wakelon Elementary School Park, two youth baseball fields behind Zebulon Elementary School Park, and an adult-size baseball and softball field at Zebulon Community Park. Whitley Park Tennis Courts and Community Park Basketball Courts are also available for rent. The rental fees are below. If interested, print the rental application and return it to 301 South Arendell Ave. or call (919)-823-1817 for more information or availability. Please be aware that we prefer a 30 day notice. However, we require at least TWO WEEKS notice on all rentals.
General Park Rules
- Park opens at dawn and closes at dusk except for town approved programs and events.
- Group and extended use must be pre-approved by the parks and recreation department.
- Be kind and courteous to others.
- Use park amenities for their intended purpose.
- Use caution, play equipment surfaces may be hot.
- Adult supervision of children required.
- Selling or bartering of goods/services must be pre-approved by the parks and recreation department.
- Pets must be kept on a leash, pet waste disposed of properly, and pets kept off athletic fields.
- Pet waste stations are available on-site.
- Keep motor vehicles on roadways and park in designated parking areas.
- Use of tobacco and vaping products is limited to the designated parking areas.
The following are prohibited:
- Littering, dumping, or defacing/damaging park property including turf and plants
- Alcohol (unless permitted by the town)
- Glass containers
- Amplification of music (unless permitted by the town)
- Open fires
- Except as permitted by N.C.G.S. 14-415.11
- The speed limit on trails is 10 mph
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited on greenways
- It is prohibited to kill, trap, or harm wildlife
- Horses are prohibited on trails
- All trail users under the age of 16 are required to wear a safety helmet when using a bike, skates, scooters or any other non-motorized vehicle
- Remain on the right side of the trail except when passing and be aware of others on the trail.
- Bicyclists and skaters must always yield the right of way to pedestrians
- Patrons are encouraged to walk or jog with a friend
- Stay on the paved and marked trail at all times
- Be respectful of private property.