Parks & Recreation
The mission of the Zebulon Parks and Recreation Department, is to provide a variety of enjoyable, attractive, accessible, and safe leisure opportunities which enhance the quality of life for the citizens of Zebulon and the surrounding communities. Our objectives are simple:
1) Develop and maintain facilities and open spaces for recreational purposes.
2) Provide leadership and organization for outdoor and indoor activities.
3) Encourage participation in parks and recreation programs.
4) Encourage and consider recommendations from citizens that will improve these services.
The parks, community center and recreation services will enhance the quality of life in Zebulon by contributing to the mental and physical health of its citizens and to the social and economic well being of the community.
The Zebulon Park System consists of 6 parks:
1. Wakelon Elementary School Park*
2. Zebulon Elementary School Park*
3. Community Park*
4. Little River Park
5. Whitley Park*
6. Gill Street Park
(* facilities available for rent)
Zebulon Community Center is located at 301 S. Arendell Avenue and is open from 7:00am until 8:00pm Monday through Thursday, and 7:00am until 4:00pm on Fridays. For more information on the Community Center please contact us at 919/823-0432.
For additional Departmental information please contact us at 919/269/7455 ext.1815
Basketball Registration open October 2 - October13
In-Town Residents - $45 / Non-Residents - $65