Parks and Recreation
Zebulon Parks and Recreation Department works to enhance the lives of our citizens and visitors by providing beautiful parks, play spaces, wellness programs, and educational opportunities. From sports leagues, fitness classes, art programs, travel experiences, educational presentations, summer camps, to the Zebulon Farm Fresh Market, there is something for everyone.
The Zebulon Parks and Recreation Department maintains and operates six public parks within the Town Of Zebulon. These parks contain walking trails, walking loops, athletic facilities, playgrounds, picnic shelters, a disc golf course, tennis courts, outdoor basketball courts, and natural areas. Zebulon Parks and Recreation also manages the Zebulon Community Center which has a gymnasium, classrooms, exercise/ weight rooms, and an art room, all of which can be rented for family or business gatherings.
Our staff implements many exciting programs, activities, and events throughout the year with the purpose of bringing community members together to play, learn, and pursue healthy living.
The Town of Zebulon Comprehensive Parks and Recreation Master Plan is a long-range planning document that is meant to help shape the direction, development and delivery of the Town’s parks and recreation facilities. Based on a comprehensive planning approach, this plan considers previous planning documents, department goals, existing conditions, and assessment of needs to provide a framework for recommendations and prioritization strategies.
This Master Plan is a continuation of the diligent planning efforts undertaken by the Town, and seeks to build upon the existing framework and establish a roadmap for the future of Zebulon’s Park System. The foundation for this plan will be driven by the Town’s desire to improve the quality of life for Zebulon residents by providing excellent parks and community facilities and recreation opportunities for a diverse, growing population.
This project follows a linear process, building upon previous work that begins with an overview of existing parks and facilities, analysis of public needs and priorities, formation of a long range system-wide vision, and lastly, implementation priorities, funding strategies and policy recommendations.
Community involvement in this process is key to the development of an effective Master Plan. There will be a variety of opportunities for the community to get involved. These opportunities will become available over the next few months. Keep checking our website and social media platforms to stay engaged with the Master Plan Process.
Please visit our engagement hub to learn about the collected research and community input to date for the Parks & Recreation Comprehensive Master Plan. Collected information was used to develop a vision and goals for the future of the Parks and Recreation Department in our community.
Please review the draft plan and share your comments with us.
Coronavirus / COVID-19 Warning & Disclaimer
Coronavirus, COVID-19 is an extremely contagious virus that spreads easily through person-to-person contact. It is believed that an individual can be in infected with COVID-19 without their knowledge and be asymptomatic. The Town of Zebulon cannot guarantee that the participant or anyone else will not become infected with COVID-19. Federal and state authorities recommend social distancing as a mean to prevent the spread of the virus. COVID-19 can lead to severe illness, personal injury, permanent disability, and death. Participating in Town of Zebulon programs or accessing Town of Zebulon facilities and equipment could increase the risk of contracting COVID-19. The Town of Zebulon in no way warrants that COVID-19 infection will not occur through participation in Town of Zebulon programs of accessing Town of Zebulon facilities and equipment.
For additional town updates related to Covid-19/Coronavirus.
Register now for our Winter Youth Basketball Program! Players will focus on the fundamentals of basketball like shooting, dribbling, and passing while learning more advanced skill and team concepts throughout the year.
Youth Basketball: Ages 5-8 (Co-ed); Age determination date: January 1st, 2022
Youth Basketball: Ages 9-17 (Boys and Girls); Age determination date: January 1st, 2022
A full refund of registration and participation fees and charges will be made for all programs, activities, and events cancelled or adjusted by the Zebulon Parks and Recreation Department. For all other situations where refunds may be requested, the following guidelines shall apply. The Director of Parks and Recreation will make decisions on all requests not specifically covered herein. No refunds will be made for any actiAthletic and Instructional Programs:
- If a participant requests a refund, in writing, 10 calendar days or more in advance of the first day of athletic league practice or tryout, or 10 calendar days or more in advance of the first meeting of an instructional program, a full refund, minus a $5 processing fee, will be issued.
- If a participant requests a refund, in writing less than 10 calendar days prior to tryouts or first practice for an athletic league, or less than 10 calendar days prior to the first meeting of an instructional program, a 75% refund minus $5 processing fee will be issued.
- For athletic programs, no refunds will be issued on or after the first regular season game of the affected league. For instructional programs, no refunds will be issued on the day of or after the first class meeting.
- Refunds of adult athletic programs that require “team” registration will be issued based on league policy and are not subject to #’s 1,2, and 3 above.
- Refunds will not be granted to participants dismissed from a program due to misconduct.
- For Youth Athletics and Instructional Programs, a full refund of all fees paid, less a $5 processing fee will be made if:
- Prior to the athletic league first practice or tryout, or first class meeting, a written excuse, from a licensed medical doctor, is provided indicating that the participant should not participate due to medical concerns or physical limitations.
- Prior to the athletic league first practice or tryout, or first class meeting, a written verification is provided that the participant has been included in either a Middle School, High School, or College program that prohibits participation in recreational programs.
- A full refund is granted for trips cancelled or adjusted.
- If a full refund is requested, in writing, prior to the registration deadline, a full refund minus a $5 processing fee, will be made.
- If a refund is requested, in writing, after the registration deadline, and 48 hours prior to trip departure, a 75% refund will be issued if the participant can be replaced from the waiting list.
- If 48 hours prior to the trip departure, a written excuse from a licensed medical doctor is provided, indicating that the participant should not participate due to medical concerns or physical limitations, a partial refund will be issued after deducting expenses incurred by the Town of Zebulon such a prepaid admission fees, tickets, deposits, and a $5 processing fee.
- Refunds will not be granted for requests made less than 48 hours prior to the trip departure, nor after the trip begins or is completed.